iMessage on Mac: iMessage for Mac is a most wanted app developed by Apple. It is an fabulous instant messaging application which is the most common source of communication. This spectacular application is announced by the famous Scott Forstall on 6 June 2011. With the help of this popular application, a user not only can send messages but also can send photos, videos, contacts information, group messages etc. The users who used to face common problems while operating iOS 8 and 9; the actual solution is discussed in this article.
Download iMessage on Mac
Predominantly, mostly apps are by default built in Apple devices. iMessage is one of the best and instant messaging application which is also built in Apple devices. The cost of the downloading is zero. The user can simply download this app from the store and can enjoy using the app. Well, the steps to download this app are:
- Foremost task is to visit the app store.
- Then type iMessage in the search bar and tap on the iMessage option as soon as you get the desired app.
- Then you just need to click on the download button to get the app successfully downloaded.
Also Check: Access iMessage Online on PC & MAC
How to Send an iMessage on Mac
- After opening the the Apple’s application, iMessage on Mac machine from the dock, just tap on the new message option which is available there on the right.
- Now, just simply type the name of the person where you will see the blue iMessage bubbles icon on some names.
- The names where you could see the blue icons are the ones to which some Apple ID or phone number of that particular person with the iMessage option enabled in it.
- After selecting the person, send a message by typing and sending a message and click on hit button.
Also Read: Guide to Install iMessage for Mac
How to Add Other IM Accounts to iMessage App on Mac
To add other IM accounts, you don’t have to install the third party application. Now, let us see the steps to do so:
- Initially, just open the iMessage app.
- Then you will see the messages icon on the top of the menu. Select messages and then go to preferences menu.
- Now click on the Accounts option which is available right on the top there.
- Next step is to select the accounts section from the bottom left. Just select the option from Google Hangouts, Yahoo etc.
- Then choose the IM account type and enter the credentials.
- After doing the above process, iMessage app will allow you to send and receive messages from your instant messenger services
How to Use iMessage Online on Mac?
In Apple devices, the Apple’s application is already available in it. The procedure or steps to download this application i.e. iMessage online for Mac is:
- After entering into the iTunes option, open internet browser to go to the website.
- Then type “iMessage” in the search box.
- Now, download the app by just clicking on the download button.
- Then let the app get it installed by clicking on the install option.
- Last step is to login into the app using your Apple ID and then you can able to view all the conversation right there on the screen itself.
How to Setup iMessage on Mac?
To set up iMessage app on Mac OS X is not a tedious task to do. Let us see the step by step procedure:
- At first, open up the iMessage application from the dock on Mac.
- Now, you just have to sign in with your Apple ID and click on the submit button.
- After signing up, here comes the iMessage app. Enjoy the app by communicating with your friends.
What to Do When iMessage Doesn’t Work?
Sometimes there are several reasons due to which iMessage doesn’t work properly. Well let us see the causes and their fixes to solve the issue:
- At first check out the Wi-Fi connection – The complete working of the iMessage app totally depends on the internet connection. The interruption in the Wi-Fi connection or technical faults in the connection may cause disruption which results in not working of the app.
- Modify the details on the concerned account – To perform this action, move on to settings menu and select “Send and receive” option. There will be one menu header which will read that “you can be reached by iMessage at”. At that point, you just need to remove the phone number, email ID and all according to your convenience.
- Manage Time and Date – To set this menu, again move on to settings menu, then tap on general and then click on “Date and Time” option. Now set this to “set automatically”. Most of the problems get resolved with this one course of action.
Reboot: When all the methods fails, then the last option is to reboot the iPhone device. It will reset successfully all the apps. Well this option works in every case.
Steps to Get iMessage on PC with iPhone
For iMessage on PC, you require to have an Apple iPhone. Because to use iMessage, you just need to jailbreak your iPhone device at first. Then as soon as the jail-broken task got finished, just follow the below steps to access iMessage on Windows as well.
- Download the Cydia application at first and then install it after the completion of downloading process.
- Next step is to open up the Cydia application and write “remote messages” in the search bar. Basically this is an application which helps to transfer or push the message from an iPhone into another device by using a remote server.
- Now as soon as the installation process gets over, just open up the app and go to settings menu. Then just enable the option present there.
- Then just create a unique user ID and password to set a remote connection login.
- Now just enter the login details and now you can successfully and easily connect PC with your iPhone.
Note: Remote messages is a paid application
Therefore, this guide will surely help you to download iMessage on Mac efficiently without any hurdle. Well, with the above explanation and steps given, downloading procedure will become easier and the user can also solve the issues with the help of above guidelines. Still if any issues persist, then do comment in the below section.